Welcome to the U3A Oliva
We are a friendly branch of the world-wide U3A organisation, whose purpose is to provide activities for those in their ‘Third Age’ – after education and full-time employment.
For more information about the U3A and Oliva, click on the About Us page in the menu.
We run many groups, from Ambling to Zumba – simply go to the Groups page on the menu above to find out more information.
We are always happy to meet new members, so if you are interested in joining us, please don’t hesitate to contact our Membership Secretary here, visit one of our groups or join us for a coffee at the back of the market hall on the Paseo (here) on the last Friday morning of the month from 11.00 – 12.00
What's coming up this month...
We are always pleased to see new and returning players whether you haven’t played since your school days or have never played before and are keen to see if Badminton is for you.
Walking football is a form of the beautiful game designed for those of more advanced years who thought their footballing careers were over!
Pétanque is a form of boules where the goal is to throw hollow metal balls as close as possible to a small wooden ball called a jack.
Canasta (Spanish for “basket”) is a card game of the rummy family of games. Although many variations exist for two, three, five or six players, it is most commonly played by four in two partnerships with two standard decks of cards.
Keep checking here for updates!
La Asociación de la Universidad de la Tercera Edad de Oliva (U3A Oliva) Annual General Meeting
This message is official notification that the 2022 Annual General Meeting of the Association will be held by online video conference at 10.30am on Thursday 26th May.
The purpose of the meeting is to deal with the following business:
- to approve the minutes of the May 2021 AGM
- to approve the annual audited accounts year ending 31st August 2021
- to approve new Officers and Committee Members of the Association for the coming year
- to approve the annual subscription for 2022-2023 of €10
- to answer any previously notified questions or issues that members have raised.
At the AGM we are required to elect the Officers and Committee Members, therefore we will use an online voting form for the election this year.
As the Constitution requires a minimum AGM attendance of 50 people to constitute a quorum, the quorum will be formed from the number of replies received from registered members.
All paid-up members of the Association are encouraged to attend the online AGM, to be held by Zoom video meeting. Please advise the Secretary by email by 20th May if you wish to attend, to send your apologies, or if you have any difficulties accessing the online links: email@example.com
As per the Constitution, the online form will constitute the ballot.
Below you will find the link to the 2022 AGM voting Form.
We require your approval for:
- Audited Accounts for 2020-2021
- AGM 2021 Minutes
- Membership Fee for 2022-2023 of €10
- Amendments to the Additional Policies.
Please ensure you have returned your completed form by the 20th May 2022.
All documents (AGM Agenda, the Audited Accounts, 2021 Minutes and Amendments to Additional Policies) can be accessed by following the link:
La Asociación de la Universidad de la Tercera Edad de Oliva (U3A Oliva)
Annual General Meeting
To be held at 10.30am on Thursday 26th May 2022 by online video
1. Apologies for absence
2. Review the voting/approval for the minutes from the AGM 2021, and sign. The 2021 minutes can be found on the website
3. Review the voting/approval for the annual audited accounts year ending 31st August 2021. The 2021 audited account statement can be found on the website
4. Review the voting/approval for each Officer position and confirm
5. Review the voting/approval for the remaining Committee members
6. Review the voting/approval for a 2022-2023 Annual Membership Fee of €10
7. Review the voting/approval for the amendment to the Existing Policies (Supplementary to the Constitution) Document:
i. Existing Policies: Instructors
8. Review any questions raised by a member and answered by the President
9. Note any comments raised by a member on the voting form
Secretary, Oliva U3A